Pages

8 October 2012

Thanksgiving a Milano

I love Thanksgiving. What I don't love is that I have to read about the delicious turkey and pumpkin pie that all of you are eating back home, and how you get to sleep off your food comas the next day because of the holiday Monday.

In Italy, we don't get turkey. We don't get a holiday. We don't get pumpkin pie. (Although I have seen ads for the American Thanksgiving dinner put on by a local restaurant).

Luckily, I have an amazing roommate who isn't fazed by things such as cooking a 10 course meal, or what to do when she can't find the ingredients she needs. Thanks to her, we had Canadian Thanksgiving in Milano!!
Yep. See it, love it, drool, and be jealous. Two key substitutions were chicken instead of turkey (no huge deal), and grapes instead of cranberries (a pleasant surprise!).

Overall, I'm THANKFUL that I was able to post my own photo of Thanksgiving dinner, even if I did have to go to school the next day...

No comments:

Post a Comment