Pages

29 June 2014

Istanbul

Istanbul is officially on my to-return-to list. We touristed hard, as I was leaving earlier that the rest of the group and obviously wanted to see everything. I'm happy to say that I almost did.

Turkey was a trip that I didn't research too much, other than picking out a few sights I wanted to see, and I will admit that I didn't know beforehand that it spans two continents. I found this pretty cool, mostly because I had never been to Asia before, and now I can say that I have!

The Haman experience was high on my to-do list, but it wasn't easy to find one that would be authentic, inexpensive, but also decent. Luckily, one was recommended to us and it was great. I was looking forward to someone exfoliating 10 layers of skin off of me, and to getting a good massage, and I was successful. I wouldn't recommend it for the shy, as I was completely naked and the girl giving me the rub down (ha!) was pulling my limbs every which way like a rag doll.

I've decided that I need to dedicate separate entries to some of the Istanbul sights, so today I'll just leave you hanging with some photos, and the promise of future stories to come.
Just. The. Tips.
Standing in Europe. Looking at Asia.

The Grand Bazaar.

No comments:

Post a Comment