Pages

22 December 2012

Merry Christmas! Buon Natale!

Ciao tutti!

It's a beautiful time in Milano, and not just because I'm on a three week break from school. For those of you who started to hate me when you read that last sentence, don't. I may be on holidays, but we had one week of our new term before our Christmas break which is just enough time for them to pile on the homework. Due the first week back.

Anyway, none of that matters because it's Christmas in Milano! And that's serious business. There are lights everywhere. Even better, right outside my school, and along some of the other streets like Via Montenapoleone, they play Christmas music outside. Seriously. After we finished our final presentation earlier this month, we walked/skipped outside, where the sun was out and the Christmas music was playing. My heart grew three sizes. Right then and there. Then we celebrated with rooftop cocktails.
I don't have much else to say on the topic of Christmas in Milano, other than it's awesome. Music, lights, trees, Christmas markets, Pandoro, truffled everything. So I'll just share some photos! Oh and if you're lucky, I MIGHT blog about how I learned to cut Pandoro hearts. So cute!

Christmas Market at the Duomo - mostly just cheeses, meats, and desserts!
Christmas lights at home <3
Beautiful, even in the rain.
I'm going to Tenerife on Monday morning for 9 days, so my next post might be Spanish, but it definitely won't be until the new year. So, to cover all of my bases, Merry Christmas, Buon Natale, Happy Holidays, Tanti Auguri, and Happy New Year!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment