Pages

2 December 2012

Something Like a Phenomenon

You're singing the song now, aren't you? You're welcome.

But in all seriousness, there's something happening in this country that I don't understand. It's an obsession with Abercrombie & Fitch. On any given weekend you can find this outside of the store:
There are no signs, so I'll forgive you if you don't understand the photo at first. This is a photo of the line up outside of A&F. EVERY WEEKEND. There are no signs, so the first couple of times we saw the line up we couldn't figure out why, until our teacher mentioned that the A&F store was so close to school, and we realized that was where the A&F smell was coming from and we put it all together.

One day I'll have to go in, just so that I can say I have. Also, our teachers seem obsessed with using it as an example in lectures, so I can probably get better grades on my finals if I use it as example somehow. Luckily I walk past daily on my way to and from school. I know, I feel like I just became the envy of EVERY Italian teenager.

One day a group of Italian teenagers stopped us in Piazza San Babila and asked us if we knew where Abercrombie was. I replied, "Of course. Just keep walking down that street there and you'll smell it before you see it. Look for the line up."

No comments:

Post a Comment