Pages

17 March 2013

Milan Fashion Week

Belated updates! But I have a good reason. The last part of February and first part of March flew by because the end of the term ran into fashion week ran into exam weeks ran into Spain ran into the start of term 3. My life was like that run-on sentence!!

Anyway, let's talk Milan Fashion Week. In September I scored tickets to some pretty sweet shows. So, I was pretty happy to have the opportunity to work backstage this season and see things from another angle! In all, I worked backstage as a dresser for the Trussardi and Musso shows, and also worked for a day at Christian Dior as dresser when they presented their Spring/Summer 2013 collection to their clients in-store. All amazing experiences, and all very different.
Trussardi F/W 13/14
I saw the difference between a show where everyone and their dog is allowed backstage, versus a show where only those involved in the show are allowed backstage. It's safe to say that I prefer the latter. Admittedly, I wasn't really familiar with Roberto Musso before the show, but I fell quickly in love with his clothes. So classy, and they made me so excited for <don't hit me> fall!

Backstage at Musso. Tired but happy!
But then I got to flashback to the season that we're getting in to now, Spring/Summer 2013, as a dresser for Dior's in-store presentation. It was a fun group, four dressers and four models, and to spend the day fawning over this collection was pretty surreal. Also, because I got to see one of my favourite tops from the collection up close and personal. Seriously. I fell in love with this top when I came across it during trend research in the fall, and when I saw it on the racks that day I knew that I had to dress the model who was wearing it!
Dior Donne!
By now, you're probably all thinking it was a pretty good week. But, it doesn't end there! Through a stroke of luck / stars aligning / someone hearing my prayers / a horseshoe up my butt, I scored a SECOND ROW TICKET TO THE MARNI SHOW. I actually squealed when I found out. Sorry to those of you who were around me at the time and had to hear that. Anyway, back to business. The collection was beautiful. Definitely one of those moments where you get to the end and wonder why it's over so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment