Pages

21 November 2012

Cheese Rape?

Best. Translation. Ever.

Some history... I think I only picked up on this in conversation because recently a friend and I saw some cheese graters labeled in French as "Rape A Fromage". We're 5 years old, so "cheese rape" was really funny and it stuck in my mind.

A few weeks ago, during dinner, a friend was talking about a recipe that involved grated cheese. She's Italian, but also speaks French and English (and probably other languages!). So when she was talking away and mentioned "raped cheese" I had to stop her and correct her. Especially because she was on her way to the US for vacation! You can't just wander around the US talking about raped cheese.

Even more entertaining was trying to explain what raping the cheese would be... violating the cheese? 

Anyway, hopefully the next time you rape grate some cheese, you'll have a good chuckle!

No comments:

Post a Comment