Pages

26 September 2013

30 in Genova

After Amsterdam, my Dad and I headed out on the big seaside trip of 2013. This was a bit of an eye-opener in how I view Italy. I was going on about how we were going to make our way down south, but when I broke out the map to show him our travel plans, I realized we weren't even making it halfway to Rome! It's like saying Kelowna is in northern BC. Oops.

The first city we unpacked in was Genova. Other than passing through on trains, I've never actually been here. I was pleasantly surprised at the history of this town, and I think my dad really enjoyed the port-town aspect (the marine museum was a must-do).

From here we spent one day in Camogli, and then my 30th birthday in Portofino and Paraggi. We splurged on the full beach chair rental experience in Paraggi, and it was worth every penny. All in all, I'm happy to have finally spent a few days in Genova!




Dopo Amsterdam, mio padre ed io siamo partiti per il grande viaggio al mare di 2013. Era un po' divertente capire come penso d'Italia, perchè quando parlavo di andare giù e vedere un po' il sud Italia, ho preso la carta geografica per far vederla a mio padre e mi sono resa conto che non arriviamo nemmeno vicino a Roma! È come dire che Kelowna si trova nel nord di BC (che per voi italiani non ha senso, ma ve lo giuro che è sbagliatissimo!). 

La prima fermata era Genova. Tranne passando in treno, non mi sono fermata a Genova ma ero sorpresa con la storia di questa città. E secondo mi è piaciuta tantissimo a mio padre (il museo marino era da non perdere per lui).

Dopo un giorno in Genova, abbiamo passato un giorno a Camogli, e poi per il mio compleanno, un giorno a Portofino e Paraggi. Eravamo ricchi per un giorno e abbiamo noleggiato i lettini a Paragi (due volte all'anno ok!). In fine, sono contenta di finalmente aver passato un paio di giorni proprio a Genova.

No comments:

Post a Comment