Pages

24 October 2013

There's No Place Like Home

After our whirlwind trip (seriously, everyone who heard about our travels accused me of not letting my dad have a vacation because we spend so much time travelling!), I hopped on a plane back to the homeland. This trip had two purposes: 1. A new visa so Italy can't kick me out just yet. 2. Welcome my new sister to the family at my brother's wedding.

Now I love Italy, but Vancouver (the West Coast really) is in a class of its own, and after a year away I was really looking forward to getting back for a few weeks. The first stop upon my arrival was sushi. No joke. Even though I was jet-lagged to the point of slurring my words and occasionally going cross-eyed. Because this:
The rest of the trip was a whirlwind of Japadog, overly helpful bus drivers, me apologizing like a good Canadian when doing something like asking for a glass of water at Starbucks, randomly bumping in to people I haven't seen in ages, going to see the hilariously inappropriate Avenue Q (if you ever get the opportunity, SEE IT), dining with the geese in Powell River, evening swims, whale watching from the patio, thai food, boozy brunch, seeing everyone's new babies, taking 8 (yes, EIGHT) ferry rides, getting my auntie fill with my two adorable nephews, and watching the wedding of the year.








No comments:

Post a Comment